Sebastian is teething so I spent a lot of the day standing and swaying with him in the Babyhawk Mei Tai baby carrier, while watching session speakers on my laptop and interacting with conference participants via chat. This photo was taken with my laptop camera as I was watching a speaker.
Here is a brief update on my life this weekend:
(1) This weekend, I’m attending the Lady Blogger Social Online Conference, a friend is coming to visit, and my husband threw up last night (Food poisoning? Stomach bug?) so my plate is FULL!
Oh, and one of Sebastian’s top teeth poked through today to top it all off! So….incredibly moody baby.
(2) The conference has been really great so far! Among other things, I’m learning to network, which has always been difficult for this formerly shy gal.
(3) Just as I begin to feel good that I’m doing more laundry these days (and possibly catching up?), I realize that I still have clothes in the dryer from two days ago, and I’m going to have to leave the wet load in the basket till tomorrow, because I can’t run the dryer right now and risk waking the baby up. Wah-wah-wah(sad trombone sound effect).
(4) Because of the baby, the conference, my sick hubby, and a friend’s crisis, I haven’t had time to shower since before my workout yesterday morning. 🙁
Sorry for the TMI there, but it had to be said.
(5) I’ve got lots to catch up on – I’ve been exercising and have joined Weight Watchers, so we’ll be talking about how physical health affects mental health, and also cheap healthy lunch choices this coming week.
(6) Oh yeah, after avoiding them for a long time, I’ve started watching hoarding shows, there have been an abundance of them the past few days.
Where have I been? At the Telluride Bluegrass Festival! Here are some highlights from our weekend:
In these first photos we are watching Bela Fleck in Elks Park.
Mostly I spent the weekend tending to the baby while my friends drank and had a blast. A lot of time was spent by me and my husband, cupping our hands over Sebastian’s ears. We wish we had looked into ear-plug-muffs before we left.
The last night was in the 40s with freezing rain. We sat under our canopy chairs in the rain for Mumford & Sons.
Here is a 20 second clip of the rain:
And for the last Mumford & Sons song we were huddled in our chairs and I was cupping Sebby’s ears, but the energy of everyone in the crowd, ah, it still puts tears in my eyes. My husband and I were both kicking ourselves for not filming it, but this person did:
When the clouds broke, we looked behind us and there was new snow dumped on the mountains.
We stuck it out and were rewarded by an awesome performance by Robert Plant.
Led Zeppelin is possibly my all time favorite band.
We returned Monday afternoon, and now my husband’s parents are in town for the week. I know I missed the Keep or Purge :: Trash or Treasure last week. I hope to resume it this Thursday or Friday.
I haven’t even started working on the dresser yet. 🙁
If I don’t post about it after a while, feel free to comment and ask me, “Yo, what’s up with you cleaning the top of that dresser off? Ever gonna do that?”
I posted about it because I want to do it.
We had a good weekend though. My husband had the whole thing off and we took the little one to the first Farmer’s Market of the season, in the rain. He ended up buying a bike rack for his new bike and I bought some empty glass jars and a few other materials and experimented with using food for facials. For the past few days, I’ve been slathering a sliced tomato, among other things, on my face. I’ll tell you all about it ~ perhaps tomorrow.
Meanwhile, here are some pics of the flowers we received for our fourth wedding anniversary (which, like my husband’s birthday, I forgot about) and for my VERY FIRST MOTHER’S DAY!!!